Preparing for Sunless Tanning:
The first steps to getting the perfect sunless tan happen before you even get to the tanning salon.
- Shower, shave and exfoliate your skin.
- Avoid using moisturizers and lotions that are not specially formulated for sunless tanning before your sunless session.
- Avoid wearing perfumes or make-up that provides a barrier for absorption.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing to your session.
- Use barrier cream on hands/feet/knees/elbows, nose plugs, shower cap for hair; these items are provided in the sunless tanning rooms. You will need to bring your own eye protection and have protected garments on.
- Once the session has ended, wipe excess tanning solution (if any) from the bottom up. Start with your feet, legs; then to your arms starting at your wrists to your torso. The last thing wiped down should be your face to prevent streaking.
FDA recommended nose plugs, lip balm, and accessories are available at all Tanning World locations. Ask your salon associate for details.
Please watch the instructional video for a complete step-by-step guide.